Monday, January 21, 2008

Custom Wall Decals

I recently had the fun experience of designing and producing some wall decals for a child's room.

It was great fun and a rewarding experience. I learned alot about the process of creating wall decals and I realized it was not as difficult nor as expensive as I would have thought.

There are some websites out there that will tell you how to make them yourself. Don't even bother. All you need to do is find the high resolution artwork you want (I used my own from my website) and take it to a reputable sign maker or print shop. They will make them up quicker and easier than you ever could with the do-it-yourself kits. The price we paid was about $15.00 for every 3 feet of film we used to produce the custom decals.

Just remember, the key to producing Quality, wall decals is to start with high resolution art work. If you have low res artwork and you want to enlarge it, it will look horrible.

No comments: